Friday, January 31, 2020

STAMATIN

Ioan Stamatin contacted me indirectly through comments he posted about a preprint I had done on Chemistry Preprint Archive in about 2001-2002. The preprint was about silicon dicarbide in the "glitter" pattern and this preprint was later published in a primary journal called "Theochem". Stamatin claimed in his comments that he believed he could synthesize silicon dicarbide in his laboratory at the University of Bucharest...I found the contact details for Stamatin and I emailed him a few times and sent him some hand written letters through the US Postal Service...eventually he did a report in the primary journal "Molecular Crystals & Liquid Crystals" called "Silicon Dicarbide Synthesis" in which he seemed to be reporting genuine crystallographic evidence for silicon dicarbide and also for glitter...the paper was published in 2004 about...later in 2005 and 2006 I included Stamatin as a co-author on 2 articles in primary journals about further evidence for the synthesis of glitter...I included Stamatin's name as a co-author in these papers because of his then recent work on the synthesis of silicon dicarbide and glitter...I had hoped then in 2005 and 2006 that Stamatin would be continuing with his research of silicon dicarbide and glitter but he never did any more work in this area that I was aware of....Stamatin seemed to be a good-natured human being who I believed had no bad intentions for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home