Sunday, March 14, 2021

DE BROGLIE & EDDINGTON

I learned about de Broglie's formula at the University of Kentucky and at Cornell University while teaching freshman chemistry students. In about 1991 or so I thought that I "saw" some alternative formula to de Broglie's formula but it took another 15 years, until 2006, that I finally discovered the matter wave-light wave formula and wrote it up...Eddington and his ratios I discovered in 1992 in a used paperback book store in Bloomington, IN near Indiana University. I found an Eddington book, "New Pathways in Physics" inside the store and there discovered his curious formulas. I then bought this book and brought it back with me to Ithaca, NY where I was a doctoral student in chemistry at Cornell University. Later in 1992 while at Cornell I thought that I "saw" something unusual in the Eddington ratio formulas...but it was not until 2016-2019, some 24-27 years later that I actually discovered the corresponding Eddington ratio mathematical approximants and wrote this all down...MJB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home