Friday, September 16, 2016

BRIGHT WILSON

In your article "Homo citans and carbon allotropes: For an ethics of citation" I mention that you cite Bright Wilson with a direct quotation from a book he wrote on writing in science. And it is absolutely true that his son Ken Wilson attended the George School in Newtown, PA in the 50's, it is a Quaker school.........when I lived in Newtown I knew some old Quaker families that lived there (I lived in Holland, PA about 4 miles from Newtown, PA) and it is true that I attended Council Rock High School in Newtown, PA in the 70's........Council Rock was a very good school then.......I had a friend I worked with that graduated from the George School and I took my SAT's at the George School. Tom Strong was a friend I had in high school who was from an old Quaker family in Newtown and he went to Council Rock.......there are still Quaker Friends' Meeting Houses in Newtown and Churchville and Langhorne that I still believe are operated.......the buildings are over 100 years old.............This is a part of Bucks County that was overun by a tidal wave of "progress" of the expansion of the Northeastern mega-opolis......it is nowadays overdeveloped and overbuilt............for years I watched my childhood home of Holland and the Churchville Reservoir where I used to cut school and hang out in and ice skate on in the winter.........disappear into suburbia......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home