Sunday, July 12, 2020

NATURAL PRODUCTS

The March, 2020 issue of the Journal of Natural Products honored Jon Clardy. It is an American Chemical Society (ACS) journal. I read the opening editorial biographical piece about Professor Clardy. I might add to this that Jon Clardy taught me in a graduate crystallography course. I used what I learned in this course in my work as a theoretical chemist. Clardy taught the course with graduate level applied mathematics in a way that I could understand...with a competency to explain the concepts and mathematics in a way that was accessible to me. He was also very supportive of me when I tried to teach at a 2- or 4-year college level. I am very lucky to have met him in life. The Journal of Natural Products editorial piece did a nice summary of some of Professor Clardy's accomplishments up to now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home